Christ the King Parish has two churches, served by Fr George and our two deacons.
Christ the King Church is in Thornbury, BS35 1HA, and Holy Cross Church is in Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 7DH
This is a Harvest like no other as many families face chronic food shortages, malnutrition and poverty as the result of coronavirus. By supporting CAFOD, we can help people all over the world re-build their lives. Because of the impact of the pandemic, this Family Fast Day is being devoted to CAFOD's coronavirus appeal. Fast Day itself is Friday 9th October.
CAFOD is also launching a series of online events around Family Fast Day, from 8th-11th October, so that we can come together and bring hope and help to those who are most in need. These are:
- Thursday 8th October, 9:30am - Harvest assembly for schools.
- Friday 9th October, 11am - Fast Day live talk, for the latest news on CAFOD's coronavirus response.
- Saturday 10th October 12 noon - Join the Global Family Food event. Eat some delicious food and raise funds at the same time!
- Saturday 10th October, 7pm - 'Harvest Like No Other' quiz.
- Sunday 11th October, 10am - Children's Liturgy. Join us with your children to celebrate Harvest Family Fast Day.
This is a global crisis, and CAFOD's local experts are already working through the church family to save lives and re-build hope. Donations at Holy Cross and Christ The King may be made in the following ways:
- by leaving an envelope at the back of church. This may be done at the retiring collection on Saturday 10th or Sunday 11th but also after any of the masses or Word and Communion services from Saturday 3rd to Friday 16th October. Donations may also be put through the door of the presbytery at no. 26. Plain envelopes may be used - please mark them 'CAFOD' or 'Fast Day'.
- by text. Text 'CAFOD' to 70085 to donate £10. (Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message. You'll be opting in to hear more about CAFOD's work and fundraising by telephone and SMS. If you would like to give £10 but do not wish to receive these communications, text 'CAFODNOINFO' to 70085).
- on-line. Donations may be made at cafod.org.uk/give.
Please also continue to pray for those affected. In the face of this coronavirus crisis, let us come together to help the most vulnerable
people on earth to survive, re-build and heal. Thank you.
CLIFTON DIOCESE (a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 10462076. A registered charity number 1170168. Registered Office: St Ambrose North Road Leigh Woods Bristol BS8 3PW)